BIEE Developers tend to make smaller changes in rpd file and unit test the same, hence starting the whole of BI Server process (Web logic Server + BI Server) is a time consuming process. OBIEE Server Administration can be done in a quick and simple way using the “opmnctl” command line utility. This is mainly for developers and not for administrators.
Steps to make a rpd change and load it to BI Server for testing:
· Make changes in the rpd file
· Go to D:\OBIEE11G\instances\instance1\config\OracleBIServerComponent\coreapplication_obis1
· Open NQSConfig.INI and replace
Star = older.rpd, DEFAULT;
Star = new.rpd, DEFAULT;
· Save the NQSConfig.INI and close
· Start > run > type cmd
· Go to the path D:\OBIEE11G\instances\instance1\bin
· Issue the command “opmnctl status”, if any of the services is alive issue the command “opmnctl stopall” followed by “opmnctl startall” . This will start the services with the new rpd loaded onto the BI Server.
· If the “opmnctl status” shows as stopped then just issue “opmnctl startall” and this will start all the BI Services.