Unit Testing Execution Plan Tasks
You can test how DAC will execute an individual task (and its details) without
running a fully functional execution plan. You can test tasks that belong to
single-source or multi-source execution plans.
To unit test an execution plan task
1. Navigate to the Execute view, then select the Execution Plans tab.
2. Select the execution plan to which the task you want to test belongs.
3. Click the Ordered Tasks child tab.
4. Select a task from the list.
5. On the toolbar, select Preview Run Details.
6. In the Preview Run Details dialog, click Execute.
DAC executes the task and displays the results in the Preview Run Details dialog.
7. Click OK to close the Preview Run Details dialog.