Multi User Development Environment(MUDE) In OBIEE
Multi User Development Environment (MUDE)
Oracle BI repository development environment is not set up for multiple users. A more efficient development environment would permit developers to modify a repository simultaneously and then check in changes. This can be done by setting up the multi user environment using the Oracle BI Administration Tool to support concurrent development.
While more than one user wants to work on single repository MUD will help to avoid conflicts and User can work on subset of repository.
Even if we have single user we can use MUD to manage small pieces of repository in a better way.
To work on Multi User Development …here the steps .…
- Create a shared directory on the network for Multi User Development ( MUD)
- Open the rpd to use in MUD . From Admin > tool> Options , setup the MUD directory to point the above directory.
- Define Projects within the rpd to allow multiple users to develop within their subject area or facts.
- Save and move the rpd to the shared directory setup in point 1.
- When users work in the MUD mode, they open the admin tool and start with MUD -> check out to check in the project they need to work on.
- After completing the development ,User check in changes back to the network and merge the changes.
For more detail study….refer the below websites for best further ( Detail) Information on MUDE