The presentation column names are, by default, identical to the logical column names in the Business Model and Mapping layer. However, you can present a different name by clearing both the Use Logical Column Name and the Display Custom Name check boxes in the Presentation Column dialog box.
To provide a convenient organization for your end users, you can drag and drop a column from a single logical table in the Business Model and Mapping layer onto multiple presentation tables. This allows you to create categories that make sense to the users. For example, you can create several presentation tables that contain different classes of measures—one containing volume measures, one containing share measures, one containing measures from a year ago, and so on.
- General. Use this tab to create or edit presentation columns.
- Aliases. Use this tab to specify or delete an alias for a presentation column.
- Right-click a presentation table in the Presentation layer, and then choose New Presentation Column.
- In the Presentation Column dialog box, to use the name of the logical column for the presentation column, select the Use Logical Column check box.
- To specify a name that is different from the Logical Column name, clear the Use Logical Column check box, and then type a name for the column.
- To assign user or group permissions to the column, click Permissions.
- In the Permissions dialog box, assign permissions, and then click OK. For more information about assigning permissions, refer to Setting Permissions for Repository Objects.
- To select the logical column, click Browse.
- In the Browse dialog box, select the column, and then click Select.
- (Optional) Type a description of the presentation column.
- To define any aliases for the logical column, click the Aliases tab.
- In the Business Model and Mapping layer, double-click the presentation column.
- In the Presentation Column dialog box, click Edit.
- In the Logical Column dialog box, make any changes or review the information, and then click OK.
- Right-click a presentation table in the Presentation layer, and then select Properties.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Select the column you want to delete.
- Click Remove, or press the Delete key, and then click Yes.