Attributes can be associated with a logical level by selecting the dimensional level on the Levels tab. Measures can be associated with levels from multiple dimensions and will always aggregate to the levels specified.
Dimensions appear in the Dimensions list. If this attribute is associated with a logical level, the level appears in the Levels list.
Another way to associate a measure with a level in a dimension is to expand the dimension tree in the Business Model and Mapping layer, and then use drag-and-drop to drop the column on the target level. For more information about level-based measures, refer to Level-Based Measure Calculations Example.
- In the Business Model and Mapping layer, double-click a logical column.
- In the Logical Column dialog box, click the Levels tab.
- In the Levels tab, click the Logical Levels field for the dimension from which you want to select a logical level.
- In the Logical Levels drop-down list, select the level.
- Repeat this process to associate this measure with other logical levels in other dimensions.