You can maintain lists of users and their passwords in the Oracle BI repository using the Administration Tool. The Oracle BI Server will attempt to authenticate users against this list when they log on unless another authentication method has already succeeded, or database authentication has been specified in the NQSConfig.INI file.
Refer to Order of Authentication for additional information.
The Oracle BI Server user IDs are stored in nonencrypted form in an Oracle BI repository and are caseinsensitive. Passwords are stored in encrypted form and are casesensitive. The Oracle BI Server user IDs can be used to access any business model in a repository provided that the users have the necessary access privileges. User IDs are valid only for the repository in which they are set up. They do not span multiple repositories.
NOTE: If you are using LDAP or external table authentication, passwords are not stored in the Oracle BI repository.
For information about configuring user authentication, refer to Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Deployment Guide.
- Select Manage > Security.
- In the Security Manager dialog box, select Users in the left pane.
- In the right pane, right-click the user whose password you want to change.
- Select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- In the User tab, type the new password.
- In the Confirm Password text box, type the password again, and then click OK