Best Practices for Tables
The following best practices apply to tables:
1. Always use all upper case characters for table names.
2. Make sure you set the Table Type property correctly in the Tables tab of the Design view.
3. For Teradata databases, pay attention to the Set/Multiset property.
4. If you anticipate that the data will contain duplicate rows, choose Multiset as the value for this property.
5. DAC automatically associates foreign key tables with the referenced table.
6. You can also define which other tables need to be loaded, such as aggregate tables, by associating these tables with the referenced table using the Related Tables sub tab of the Tables tab.