Best Practices for Subject Areas
The following best practices apply to subject areas:
1. To define a subject area, associate only fact tables with it.
2. DAC automatically computes which additional aggregate tables and dimension tables to associate with the subject area based on the related tables you define and foreign key relationships.
3. If you delete a task from a subject area using the Delete button on the Task tab, the next time you assemble the subject area the task may be included.
4. However, if you inactivate the task by selecting Inactive in the Task tab, the task will remain inactive when you re-assemble the subject area.
5. Avoid adding tasks or inactivating tasks manually.